the diary of Randy W.

Monday, October 31, 2005

And if the white stripes steal your idea and that New York band again


People always think that covers are just random picks, well actualy to the audience it may appear so. But to the band it mostly some kind of weird statement. (just ask the kills why the play drop out boogie)
Anyway I'm going to dedicate this post to two reasonable good covers:

White stripes playing Tegan and Sarah: Walking with a Ghost
When I was putting together a some favourite new covers this summer, that was pretty much simple as .... and sounded owk then Tegan and Sarah where the first who popped in my mind. Anyhow, what are you with an idea three months before the a ex-indie band, now main streamers beat you in style? Not much.
So bye bye my cover, and helloha White Stripes.

The White Stripes-Walking with a Ghost (Tegan and Sarah)

Maximo Park playing Isolation (John Lennon)
I missed Maximo Park earlier this year at pukkelpop. This track is more a reimagination than a cover. It is also something to me as medication against missing Maximo Park. I know John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band isn't really his most, let's say, productive time, but again who wants another version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamond Rings (yes that is to all you Trekkies). So let's all give this nervous ADHD a chance and listen to this nice re-take on the Isolation.

Maximo Park - Isolation

Hmm remember a few posts ago I talked about a certain band from New York, well they did some live shows and I stumbled on this track from a cd perhaps with the title first impressions of earth. But anyway it seems that are doing Hawaii now. (oh I really suck at being cryptical)



Hawaii Aloha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home