the diary of Randy W.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

this one wasn't for the intellectuals

the van Jets
the Datsuns
AB 8/10/2004


Mr. Warhol doesn't have the tendency to be really early at concerts. But Miss Devilin and the singer of the Chocolate Pancakes have got that tendency. So we met up at check point Candyshop at 6 pm. So we arrived 2 hours to early. Anyway we went in some night-shop, they already open at 6 nowadays, to get a beer, first the singer of the Chocolate Pancakes got a Maes but with all means that isn't a beer it is water that tasts funny. So changed it quickly to something else.
Anyway the show!

The Van Jets had to play a 30 minute set. And before you could realise it was over. They hit the crowd with their most "famous" songs like Killerqueen, Sister and Ricochet. But the audience just forgot who to react. Ow they did, when they said: 'have fun with the datsuns, this is our last song'.
Mich, the drummer from the Van Jets, told Mr. Warhol that Killerqueen or Ricochet is going to be released as new single in November. So that is a good scoop isn't it.(the entire set list will be added later, but I'm too lazy to go and look for it)

Then came the Datsuns. They read the NME well this week, how to be a cool rock band. Drink Jack & D, get a guitarist to go crowdsurfing, throw those drumsticks in the crowd or jst hand them over to those people on the front row (yes, that is a good thing), ... anyway whatever a setereo type rock band should do for the rock'n'roll night of fun they did. And the audience loved every bit of it. They even asked the crowd twice what to play. (The requests were-hoochie mamma and Freeze Sucker, but they were gonna play that one inevabitly). Ow and we had more encores then we had a real set. During the first encore we had 5 songs. But that was because Dolf asked the audience do you want 3 or 5 songs and he accidently stook 5 fingers up when he said 4. And we got 2 more songs and they ended with "Good Night now ladies and Gentlemen".
The real set was cliché like but who cared anyway. People just came to have a good time. It was normal Datsuns show. Loud guitars, ac-dc riffs mixed with Status Quo looks and sometimes a bit of humor, Dolf said he dedicate the next song to all the intellectuals out there in the room before rushing into an energetic MF from hell varation, and some good break downs.
Highlight: the 8 minute version of fink for the man
on a scale from 1-10 where one is equal to making songs with Jessica Simpson and 10 is making songs about Jessica Simpson like Adam Green did. I would give it an 8.5/10 the but add another half point for the drumstick.

The Nicotine Diary
day 1

I'm gonna give up smoking. Yes I read that same NME, and smoking wasn't in it. So I better stop then. Or maybe there isn't just well for my health and I'm giving my money away to some evil corps I hate, and I really need that money.
Where was the turning point? Yesterday I was in some creepy bar and I was coming to the fact that I did some messy things last week and frustrated I wanted to take another toe-rag but miss Devilin asked if I wouldn't take one. And I didn't on my way back home I realised that if I can resist to smoking once I could do it all the time. So I that is the end of the smoking chapter. So does Mr Warhol suffer any post-nicotine addiction symptons. Just being a bit cranky, but that just could be normal. And for the record I'm stopping with out of the aid of stickers, chewing gums, or what so ever. I'm gonna to battle the monkey that controls my mind and win this battle against it. They say the first three days are really hard. Day one is almost done so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I Know deep, deep, deep down you really do want me to post Mr Warhol, so here it goes.....

lol I really think you should stop smoking it's effectively a long drawn out suicide! However i doubt your gunna be able to stay off them for three days with out the help of some kinda nicotene sticker chewing gum thingingyo

but er,yeah pretty post thingy :P

xx

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home