the diary of Randy W.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Kick out the jams
Owk. This is my second attempt to write something in my blog. Not that I am uncreative. But my PC crashed in a few seconds before finishing it. I don't appreciate that all.

Owk headline of the day. MC5 are back! They're gonna do this gigantic summer-tour. So for all you skeptic indie-know-it-all friends, who say that it is impossible to reunite them coz Smith died in 1994, I have the pleasant news that Howlin Pelle Alqmivst will take his place at the mic for a few gigs. For those who don't know something about them. They're a band out of Detroit. From 1962 to somewhere in the 70's. They have one smash-hit Kick Out Jams. But they're more than that they're the fathers of every punk garage rock band. They made dirty garage-rock music when the beatles where still singing about Daytripper. Without them you wouldn't have the stooges, the clash, the white stripes, the INC and so on... Anyway keep your eyes open for more news about them.

So for all of you lovely readers who want more info about my personal experiences. Well, lovely readers, I can't remember a single thing about Monday. I tried once, now I'm trying again and nothing pops in my head of news that is worth mentioning. (said by a man who even thinks the colour of the underpants of Nick Valensi is worth mentioning). I'm not sure but I guess that Linus asked me to put him in my blog. So here you are Linus. Linus is my guitarist. He came by to hear the new song. The song just needs some text. We are working on another one right now. Well we were working really fast on it. Until some prick came by and treathend to call the police if we didn't stop within the next 5 seconds. Well the convo that took place was like this.
C-nt: "Hey how long will you continue playing"
Linus: " Couple of hours"
Cu-t: "If some people are trying to do things you disturb them. So stop or I'll call the police"
Moi:" Are you going to pay us a rehearsal studio?"
Cun-:"Look for one"
Moi:"I mean are you gonna PAY us one"
"Unt: "Owk I'm gonna call the cops if you don't immediately stop".

Conclusion we played for another hour.

Owk What happend on tuesday. I couldn't get a white stripes cover of mc5 "Looking at You" out of my head. The song is so raw but yet so pure and so beatiful you can compare it to a head ache mixed with the pleasure of your favoroutie drug. I started singing it. Although some vicious person said that I better should shut up. May be I was pushing the head ache bit just a bit too far. But I said to my mate how the DADA movement wasn't appreciated at first but lat later it was worshipped by Liechtenstein and the rest of Pop-art movement. My mate nodded in a very convincing way. AH ha I thought some one who understands me.
Later that tuesday Vicky asked me if she could draw something on my hand. Normally I don't do this but I wanted a mini portrait of the mona lisa so I said YES go AHEAD. When she was done I could see a flower and her signature. Didn't I saw that coming? YES. But by putting her signature there I felt like an object. :P

Owk today I read the fantastic news of MC5 in HUMO. I was filled with joy. I was bored to dead during Geography. This afternoon was my clean everything up afternoon. I put every CD in his right box. And I read in 1984 by George Orwell. And I noticed that the slogan war is peace and yidyadadyaya is also on the t-shirt of Nikolai of the strokes (the one he's wearing on the cdbookie of room on fire). I put the book down. I don't want to become like him.

Owk the link of the day is another cover of MC5 by rage against the machine it is
KICK OUT JAMS
Didn't I mention that they're very leftist band?

Ow well
rock and roll out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home